Wednesday, March 17, 2010

leather weather

With much luck and perseverance I have managed to invest in a number of great coats this winter. My beloved top three include a leopard print cocoon cut number, a bat-winged poncho coat that happens to make me look like a really cool grim reaper and lastly a vintage rabbit fur coat so warm I wear it everywhere. But I still want more, particularly the ever-elusive perfect leather jacket.
For you see darlings, it’s leather weather. Warm enough to shed all the wool blends and celebrate the arrival of spring with some buttery soft raw hide. Leather has solidified its place as trend for all seasons and has popped up on a number of runways and variety of styles this spring season. Think of Balmain’s warrior princesses clad in sequin camouflage trousers, and the ladies of Celine gliding down the runway so painfully chic in ultra-fine leather T-shirts. Thankfully the lovelies over at Danier have revved up their designs and have come up with some stunning and bright leather pieces for their S/S 2010 collection.


Bang on trend (and the jacket I have my eye on) is this lovely cocoa moto-jacket pictured above.This particular piece combines my love of utility with a touch of punk-rock edge, which will compliment all the print and Breton stripes ready to burst forth from my closet.  My other top choice is the show-stopping yellow biker jacket for those looking to add a little more sunshine in to their wardrobes. For more looks at the Danier S/S collection be sure to check out the video below.



No comments:

Post a Comment