I’ve been sucked in to a work time-warp.
But I’m loving every moment over at Topshop/Topman and I work with a creative and visual team of true wunderkinds. I couldn’t be more pleased, and for the first time in the history of my life I actually look forward to going in to work everyday. This was realized after given my pay-stub from set up week and noted that I had clocked nearly 100 hours in two weeks. HUSTLE REAL HARD.
The good news? We’ve managed to open with great success and Canada’s 1st store is a hit. YAY! The bad news? The shopping I’ve been doing. I mean it’s good, but my Lord is it also very terrible.
Aside from all of that hoopla,
Toronto Fashion Week is upon us. This nearly three week debacle has pretty much passed me by this season.
I try and catch via the Toronto Standard, Toronto Life and Fashion online when I can. But it seems like I really haven’t missed much. I mean aside from The ShOws and the Calla/Todd Lynn presentations which I would have loved to see up close and personal.
TOP FIVE THINGS ON MY MIND (cause you really want to know):
- Have been stomping around this wet and dreary city in my latest acquisition (above) and wondering if I should get them in fire engine red as well.
- I’ve been eating my body weight in Greek penne pasta courtesy of shit mall food options. Pickle Barrel will give me gall stones.
- Coming out of rave-retirement for the Skream and Benga show Friday. It’ll be a grand FamJam reunion and I fucking can’t wait.
- I’ve spoken about my super talented friend Michael De Pippo before and his rad illustrations. He’s pretty much taken it to the next level with these amazing vintage inspired concert posters for Sesame Street’s ‘Electric Mayhem’ band. He’s managed to generate such a massive buzz, I can’t wait to have the entire set up on my walls!
- Oh sweet Jesus, I’m going to the cottage.
In what seems like a massive coup of sorts, I am finally getting the hell out of the city and heading up north to Huntsville for Halloween weekend to squat at a friends cottage. The last time we drove up there it was the dead of winter (see featured photo) and despite the snow squalls, it was a beyond perfect weekend of movie screenings, eating, Vapo, board games and one massive love in. I can’t wait to do it again now! Nature in the Fall? I DIE.
ps: THIS REPEAT. shit I’ve fallen for Rihanna. I blame Calvin Harris.