Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Midsomer Music

On heavy rotation this week!



 

  1. The Horrors – Still Life
    A total gem of a record! You must listen to the album – the Skying- if you haven’t already.

  2. Grimes – Vanessa
    Rumour has it she’ll be rocking our fair city some day soon. I’ve got my ear to the ground for delicious clues.

  3. SBTRKT – Wildfire ft Little Dragon.
    Watched him and Sampha preform live as part of Best Birthday of Life. Then Drake showed up and I thought Wrongbar was going to explode with sweat and joy.

  4. Fucked Up – Queens of Heart.
    David Comes to Life is easily the best record FU have produced to date. I can’t imagine where this will take the Toronto troupe.

  5. The Pains of Being Pure at Heart – The Body
    Summer steeped with nostalgia. This video sums it up pretty nicely.

  6. Emeli Sande – Heaven
    I cannot express my love for UK garage, as it’s beats per second have pretty much shaped my youth. I am so happy that the genre is making a proper come back, and this track is certainly one of the best this summer. Guaranteed it’ll rip through Europe like a storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment