Thursday, July 7, 2011

food for thought #1

In an attempt to become a little more domestic,
I’ve decided to roll up my sleeves and get in to the culinary game!
With serious baby steps of course and with the help of my lovely sisters as guinea pigs.
Seeing as kid sister was not feeling well, I decided to whip up her favourite.
Nummy Nummy Fish Tacos! So easy, breezy and perfect for brain melting hot days.



I marinated the talapia in a mix of cumin, olive oil, lime juice, salt, pepper and garlic for a few hours in the fridge before popping it in to the oven to bake. Turned out nice and moist and crumbled easily.



Threw together a mixed bean salad, seeing as I don’t think I’ve eaten a lettuce leaf in what feels like forever.
Disgusting I know.





Voila! All set and ready to nom nom. I put far more cilantro in my tacos though. I’m obsessed with that little herb.



Dessert! Purple icy goodness to take the edge of the intense salsa fire alarm bells ringing in my mouth.
Seeing as this meal wasn’t an epic fail, I’m excited to try a few more recipes! And maybe I’ll be up to the crazy Luxirare standards (eugh, quail eggs? Simple breakfast tart? I WISH).

No comments:

Post a Comment