Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Face: I miss you.

You had Sassy,
I was obsessed with The Face.
It was while breathing in these pages that I was introduced to Steven Klein, David LaChapelle, Juergen Teller and Inez Van Lamsweerde.
The grit, easy cool and eccentric attitude of the mag is what first attracted me to it. Where I felt that fashion, music and street style were really championed for the youth.They pushed art direction to new and innovative heights while staying on pulse with what was happening in the reviving art and music scene in London during the 1980′s to the late 1990′s.
It was within these visionary pages that my love for Blur, Stereophonics, The Charlatans, Kate Moss and the epic fashion directions of the revolutionary Katie Grand came to be.

I feel awfully nostalgic,
dreaming of a wee me
humming to boy band beats
and glossy sheets.


Damon Albarn and the Blur boys for May 1994.


Kate Moss for May 1996 (I think you can actually buy this copy of off eBay)


Neneh returns for October 1992


Chloe Chloe February 1997 (where wasn’t she covered in the 90′s??)


The Jacquetta obsession for December 1998


Culkin Cover for November 2002

No comments:

Post a Comment