Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Fake London



For all those who know me,
I am very much a 90′s baby.
Spent much of my angsty youth
feeding heavily on NME, DAZED and battered copies of The Face
Stomping about the desert in
leather, lace, denim and OTT Doc Martens.

So as you can imagine I was really quite pleased to find out that Fake London, once championed by the Oasis boys, Robbie Williams and the All Saints femmes,  were relaunching this  Autumn/Winter season and riding the 90′s come back wave for all it’s worth.  After a three year hiatus, founder Desiree Mejer, will be showing the latest collection during London Fashion Week, and I am thrilled to note that the design team is staying true to the very quirky and archetypal British punk heritage of the brand.


Tweed, cashmere
chunky knits, links
camel coats, military details
Union Jacks and chains.
What more could a pretty grunge princess ask for?
Now if only they’d remake the famous Liam Gallagher parka.





No comments:

Post a Comment