Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Robitussin blues

The apartment has turned in to a little sick bay over the last week.  The siblings and I have all been trying to fight this agressive cold that seems determined to wring us dry of what little patience we have left. As I am lucky enough to spend most mornings at home working, I’ve been able to rest up and indulge a little more.



I don’t know what it is about warm muesli in the morning, but my God does it do wonders. I’ve been on a bit of a “cleanse” lately and figured I might as well add an actual meal to breakfast…you know aside from just the Venti bold.

I can’t wait to break in my new Dieppa Restrepo boots. Purchased about two weeks ago from Chasee Garde I couldn’t help but wear them right out of the store. But since our weather has been such shit as of late, I’ve haven’t been able to strut about in them. I smell spring, so soon I can dance in my hand woven beauties!





This vintage Eddie Bauer flannel shirt is my security blanket when I’ve fallen ill.  It’s oversized and so worn in, soft and there is nothing at all like it in my closet. Paired with my grey alpaca wool socks I will cocoon, until I emerge from my room looking nothing at all like a butterfly (more Eeyore-esque).

With reading week around the corner I am tempted to slack with the school work. At my age it’s becoming increasing difficult to focus on ones’ second degree, but since I am ill, I will take this time to catch up on the glossies. Picked up the lastest issue of Industrie and a Simone de Beauvoir’s The Mandarins. This is the sort of reading I can really get behind. Mind you anything would be better than fucking stats homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment