Monday, March 14, 2011

Come Step Lively: My Top 5 Wedges for S/S 2011

Over the last year and a bit, I think I’ve finally mastered the art of walking in heels. Unfortunately a crazy horrid accident has pretty much left my bird like ankles in shambles. And since I can no longer shimmy through the streets in ‘fuck me’ stilettos (not that I ever have), I thank the fashion heavens for the abundance of wedge wonders provided to me. Below are just the tip of the proverbial iceberg of the current colored blocked babies I’ve got bookmarked. Aside from the Aldo Julian Louie’s my mind may/will change rapidly. But for now all of these are TOTAL WINS.

KIWI SAYS COP THIS!

  1. Loeffler Randall x Suno: EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS WEDGE IS A TOTAL WIN. $645 | Loeffler Randall

  2. ALDO x Julian Louie: A lush combination of suede and ikat makes for a super hot wedge. Available in a number of patterns, I will certainly be owning a pair of these when they hit Aldo stores nation wide.

  3. Eight Twenty: This feather wedge is a runner up to the Aldo pair, I’d probably fiddle a bit with the cork though. $145 | Solestruck.com

  4. Jeffery Campbell: Mixed medium wedge is incredibly slick, perfect for dirty deeds in dark corners. $149| Urbanoutfitters

  5. Messeca: Sliced wedge in nude. I just love the leather and wood mix, so gorgeously simplistic. $170 | NastyGal

No comments:

Post a Comment