Monday, May 2, 2011

Maryam Keyhani: my current obsession.

I’ve been meaning to write about the incredibly talented Maryam Keyhani and her ludicrously beautiful necklaces for some time now. I first spotted a Keyhani piece a little over a year ago when a dear friend was gifted a gorgeous gold and feathered number from the designer herself. Best birthday present in my opinion and like a starved magpie I’ve been coveting a piece ever since.

Born in Tehran and now based in Toronto, Keyhani sources from Paris and uses her vast education in art, sculture and intrinsic sense of style to create truly original, stand alone one of a kind pieces. These aren’t dainty confections for the faint of heart, it’s precisely the opposite. When you rock a Keyhani you will get noticed and you certainly will enjoy all the attention. I suppose what I love most is Keyhani’s ability to combine an almost vintage aesthetic and feel with a uniquely modern sculptural design twist, which is unlike anything I have ever seen before. Recently picked up by the esteemed Valery Demure showroom, she has already set the Parisian power fash-packs tongues a wagging. All feathers, chains, pearls and leather what she possess is an unquestionably talented eye and I simply cannot wait to see what she dreams of next.



No comments:

Post a Comment