Monday, November 14, 2011

saturday morning special

Since I’ve begun my new gig, I’ve had weekends off.
Seeing as this is a relatively new thrill for me, I’ve spent every day out and about.
Roaming the city like a weather beaten gypsy and soaking up whatever rays the sun decides to shed upon me.
Fall has been and will always be my favourite season, but I must remember that sometimes it’s best to just sit back,
relax and never leave the comfort of my jersey sheets.

Loving Lately…

the latest issue of The Gentlewoman.
This may make me sound like an idiot, or perhaps that I’ve been living under an illiterate rock for the past few years
but I hadn’t hear of Jennifer Egan before now. The piece on her is quite perfect, I need to get my hands on a copy of  A Visit from the Goon Squad. 

I’ve had The Collected Stories of Lydia Davis on my night stand for about a week or so now.
Finally cracked the binding this morning.
I’ve missed reading. PROPER reading.
Mostly because I’ve been tripping down nostalgic lanes,
listening to music on youtube,
that drudge up feelings I thought I had lost.

portishead.massive attack.morcheeba.air.garbage.beck.bush.hole

you get the picture.



There is something so ludicrously beautiful about this image.
‘A Map of the Open Country of a Woman’s Heart’ by D.W. Kellogg
where he exhibits its “…internal communications, and the facilities and dangers to Travellers therein.”
It seems to boast that women are all rather silly, untrustworthy and rather foolish at heart. Which I find hilarious.
I had no idea being coquettish was dangerous. Couldn’t a girl have any fun in the early 19th century?



And a massive thank you goes out to Noemie of As Ink Remains
for bringing these most amazeballs kitty postcards in to my life. OBSESSED.





It’s just the f*-king best.

No comments:

Post a Comment