Saturday, February 19, 2011

Jeremy Laing F/W 2011

Be still my melancholy heart!

I’ve known Jeremy Laing for about a year now, and I am incredibly honored to call him friend. So I would like to think that he designed his latest F/W collection with this girl in mind.  Perfectly dark and elegant, with floor licking sensual pieces and prints by fellow Canadian and contemporary artist Scott Treleven makes my heart hum. I’ve always been superstitious and have had a penchant for the dark arts so the use of talisman is just perfection. Laing’s signature geometric draping is brought back this season, along with gorgeously tailored wide legged pants hung low at the waist, over sized blouses and printed knits paired with delicately sheer maxi skirts. Overall the pieces come together creating an almost loved and lived in aesthetic. Seemingly effortless and oozing a calm cool that I hope to one day be able to pull off.

But in all seriousness let’s take a moment and gawp at the moon dress. IT’S STRAIGHT UP MOON CRATERS BITCHES! TOTALLY FUCKING ACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment