Thursday, September 22, 2011

London Fashion Week S/S12 Roundup

LFW is probably the only fashion week I really get excited about. That is not to say that New York, Paris and Milan aren’t major in the fashion meccas, I’ve just always looked forward to London’s madcap aesthetic style and fearless eccentricity that is completely inimitable. Mainly because London isn’t trying to imitate anything or any place else. I have noticed a slight change though, lines seem cleaner – see Antonio Berardi and Aquascutum- a shift towards the lean, clean and cool menswear tailoring that seems impossible to shake season after season? Writer and friend Sarah Nicole Prickett I believe puts it best, perhaps London has grown up?
 Christopher Kane took my breath away this season. I was expecting his usual menagerie of kooky looks, but this work was so painfully sharp and beautiful it did my head in. Acne‘s over sized and slouchy silhouettes and tangerine pistachio palette drew me in nice and quick. While I personally can’t pull off such OTT tent like pairings, I can certainly run away with a dress or seven. Erdem,although obvious, is always a winner for the super girly-girl in me. I’ve sworn countless times that it’ll be his work I rock on my wedding day! And as I have been a massive fan girl of J.W. Anderson and his work (remember when he had a jewelry line?) his “a schoolgirl raised by nuns, finally escaping the convent” concept was straight up my alley. And what of those loafer trainers? Lofainers? Toafers? An Aldo shoe collaboration that I pray goes in to production. I’ve got an insatiable appetite for ugly ass shoes! Then came the mentalists. An affectionate term for London’s true whimsical mercenaries! Scottish designer, Louis Gray kicks it all off with her most cohesive and wearable collection yet. Still incredibly true to her mis-matched punchy pairings, it looks like she’s stripped down on all the baubles and has really concentrated on the cut of the garments. Digital print wunderkind, Mary Katrantzou pumps up the colour voltage and brings back her love of what looks like melting plastic flowers. Then of course, there is Meadham Kirchhoff. I’m thinking My Little Pony and Barbie collided head first with a Texan tiny tot beauty pageant then smothered it in ruffles and sprayed it down with a rainbow of icing sugar. You get the picture, right? A super girly flirty mental fuck-you to anyone wanting to cower behind the norm.
And  I suppose that is it! My round-up. Below are a selection of nerdy GIF’s I put together saluting a few of my most favourite pieces. I no idea making this little things would be so much fun.

Acne S/S 2012

FqXM3n on Make<br/> A Gif, Animated Gifs

Christopher Kane S/S 2012

bDWEnd on Make<br/> A Gif, Animated Gifs
Erdem S/S 2012

pmiyJ8 on Make<br/> A Gif, Animated Gifs

J.W. Anderson S/S 2012

gQZeqy on Make<br/> A Gif, Animated Gifs


Louis Gray S/S 2012


mg8PYM on Make<br/> A Gif, Animated Gifs

Mary Katrantzou S/S 2012

OUfQhH on Make<br/> A Gif, Animated Gifs

Meadham Kirchhoff S/S 2012

fe_NtT on Make<br/> A Gif, Animated Gifs

No comments:

Post a Comment