Monday, February 28, 2011

Live the Language: A lesson in Typography

Most of my beloved friends are associated with the world of advertising in some shape or form. A number are design creatives and then there are those who are gifted with words. It is because of their leanings and my own sense of curiosity that I’ve developed a fascination with fonts. Much like a model centered in an editorial, I truly believe that a serif can make or break an image or the thought one is trying to present. The following videos below prove just that!
I stumbled upon these  EF International Language Center adverts by pure chance, and what beautiful and simplistic gems they happen to be! While I do admire Gustav Johansson‘s direction, the real champion here is Albin Holqvist and his genius use of typography. What a great example of taking a simple brief and truly creating something memorable.



No comments:

Post a Comment