Tuesday, February 15, 2011

simple bare necessities





I’ve always been a bit of voyeur, trying to slip, slide and sneak a peek.  I suppose that is why I’ve always a been a fan of blogs, a source of creative connections and the idea that at some point we all share an idea, thought or thing in common.

As this space of late has been nothing but my delirious midnight ramblings, I thought I’d share a few of my very favourite things. Well more or less what I can’t live with out!

  1. My beloved Moleskine planner. Despite all other devices, this little book is my totem. Without it I’d have no clue whether I was coming or going. Google-calendar can bite me.

  2. Mah Keys. Kind of a obvs I know. But I wanted to show of my boot key chain courtesy of the little sister sibling from her recent trip to El Salvador. It’s even got my name engraved in to it! Other key chains are Marc Jacobs from my last trip to NYC.

  3. The waterproof Chanel Inimitable mascara in black is my current obsession. Because I have such a poor understanding of make-up once I find something that works I tend to stick with it. This magic wand certainly does the trick.

  4. Kiehl’s Creme de Corps nourishing cream. Hands down the best hand cream for this retarded weather. Nothing says ghetto like ashy hands! And while it is a little rich at first, it sinks in well and keeps my hands hydrated. Love that it’s sample size, not happy that I need to buy more.

  5. My iPhone 4 is probably the best thing that has ever happened to me. I fucking love the shit out of this machine! All you Blackberry peeps can BITE ME. I originally owned the 3G, but I had fallen “asleep” in the back of a cab and I left it there. This upgrade was a bit of a tortured wait, but SO worth it. Thinking of cracking it.

  6. Altoids, kind of a given I think. I usually carry a packet of gum too. But it’s the packaging I love. Really feeds my font lust, while keeping me fresh.

  7. I’m a recent convert to Smith’s Rosebud Salve. After using Vaseline for years, I decided to give this little blue tin a shot and I’m very glad I did. It hydrates and nourishes my lips for far longer than it’s counterpart. And again in this weather you need all the help you can get.

  8. This MAC Select Cover-Up is a recent gift from the bestie and perfect for the mega bags under my eyes due to my insomnia or late nights out on the run.

  9. Lastly, it’s my baby. I bought myself this Fujifilm Instant Camera when I was let go from my job for not quite “fitting in” (what ever the hell that means).  This little gadget has brought me much joy and I can’t wait to show you all a few snaps once I find a scanner.


And that is it! My wallet is clearly missing because it is heinous and makes me very upset every single time I pull it out. I need suggestions for a good strudy & sexy (yes! sexy!) wallet. Any ideas? Drop me a thought.

Till next time,
peace lust love and all that gooshy stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment