Thursday, June 9, 2011

Link Round-Up: Topshop, Florence x Buddy Holly and Yohji cool.

I realize I haven’t done one of these in a very long while, so here goes!
A wee list of whats good on the internets according to moi.



  1. I wouldn’t call myself Buddy Holly fan, but I am intrigued by the super musical collective put together to create the lastest tribute album. Florence Welch’s bajoue vibe on the ‘Not Fade Away‘ track is just perfect. A great tribute indeed. Be sure to read the little interview with producer C.C. Adcock over at Nowness.

  2. TOPSHOP IS COMING TO TORONTO! Can you tell I’m excited. The Bay Yorkdale will house both Topshop and Topman. But there are tons of pop-up goodies to look forward too all summer long. So be sure to check out Topshop Canada‘s facebook page for all the yummy deets.

  3. Bon Iver‘s latest self titled album is out and it’s everything I’ve ever wanted. You can stream the entire compliation over at Pitchfork right now.

  4. I was once scoffed at by a boy I was seeing for never having watched ‘Blade Runner’.
    “It’s the best movie of all time.”
    I of course beg to differ. Having watched it, I still don’t quite get the cultish obsession, but I do now understand where fashion’s view of futuristic wardrobe comes from. Sean Young is a total babetron in the movie and now she’s offered up a few dusty polaroids for us to oogle at too.

  5. I’m so trilled to be catching The National Ballet of Canada‘s rendition of ‘Alice in Wonderland’ tonight. And if you haven’t already you must watch the first ever fim version of this classic Lewis Carrol tale over at MUBI.

  6. This is My Dream by Theo Stanley gives us a small glimpse in the the mind and private world of designer Yoji Yamamoto. Here he speaks of his love for darkness and the power of his own judgement. I’ve posted the trailer below.




No comments:

Post a Comment